British Ishinryu Karate
Established for 50 years, our association runs a number of clubs around East London and Essex.
Ishinryu Dojos can also be found in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA.
We sadly lost Gerry Parkes and Peter Bowler this past 12 months. Both trained and taught at our Jersey Dojo and are a sad loss to our association. May you both rest in peace.
Use a Credit Card, Debit card or Paypal.
Dummy Entry (First Entry is Hidden)
Renew my Licence - More Detail
Your licence includes your membership to the EKF – our governing body.
Your licence includes 3rd party insurance. If you are unlicensed you are uninsured to train and you put yourself, other students, and your instructors and club at risk.
New students must register before buying a licence.
First Entry (Closed)
Registration - More Detail
These details will be shared with our governing body (the EKF) but with no one else.
Only club instructors can see your contact details.
By registering, you give Ishinryu permission to hold your details here.
Login to see your club reports.
First Entry hidden so Accordion appears shut
Login - More Detail
This information is restricted to Club Instructors only – hence the need to login.
Your login id is your email address. Your password can be reset here.
All students may also login as above. Students are able to check and update their own details.
- Spring Pre-Grading Course – Saturday, 25th February
- Spring General Grading – Saturday, 11th March
- Summer Course – Saturday/Sunday 24th/25th June
- One Day Course – Saturday, 21st October
- Winter Pre-Grading Course – Saturday, 18th November
- Winter General Grading – Saturday, 2nd December
- Christmas party – Saturday 2nd December
The Summer Course will be held at William Edwards School in Grays. All other events will be held at the Cranham Dojo.
Each year Ishinryu clubs get the opportunity to train together at Ishinryu wide courses and events. Other karate styles are also welcome to attend. The UK annual timetable runs as follows:
- February or March – One day Pre-grading course for 5th Kyu and above
- June – The Open Summer Course runs over a weekend and has been presented every year since the mid seventies (except for Covid lockdowns in 2020 and 2021).
- October – One Day course. All grades welcome for a day of intensive training
- November – One day Pre-grading course for 5th Kyu and above
General gradings are held in March, June, and December of each year. You must attend the entire Summer Course to grade in June
See our Ishinryu group on Facebook for more detail and regular updates on events.
The Open Summer Course
2023 celebrates 50 years of Ishinryu, with the Summer Course featuring almost every year (Covid permitting). The Ishinryu Open Summer Course is a firm fixture on the UK karate calendar.